Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fifty Greatest Sci Fi Movies of All Time?

MSN has a link to this list of the fifty greatest sci fi films of all time.   I had a tough time navigating through it, the "next" button kept pooping out on me, but it was interesting to see how many of these I have actually seen, since I don't consider myself a big Sci Fi fan.  But I married a closet Trekkie, and I sure have seen an awful lot of Sci Fi television over the past twenty years.

I have seen alot of the top 25:  Star Wars IV and V, ET, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Terminator, T2, Total Recall (who can forget that awesome scene where Arnolds face is getting sucked apart by low atmospheric pressure?) and Star Trek 2, Wrath of Khan.  Blade Runner...whoee, mostly nekkid Rutger Hauer and Harrison Ford.  And Alien and Aliens, Sigourney Weaver kicks ASS!   But there were a few that I have not seen and maybe need to check out:  "These Are the Damned" with Oliver Reed.  I just love him,  he's such a sexy bad boy. Well, he was, he's dead now, he was apparently living the part too well.    Oliver Reed.  So broody. 

and I've not seen Omega Man with Charlton Heston
Okay.  Wait a minute, right there!  Planet of the Apes was NOT on the list!  WTF?  Really?  Look at that picture...that is CHARLTON HESTON kissing a gorilla!  What a guy!  If he could go for a gorilla, he could totally have gone for me!  Okay, except I was, like, 8 when the movie came out and that would have been gross.  But do the time warp thing, and I'm totally there for him. 
 
And another Charlton Heston great was Soylent Green.  Who can forget that one?  I don't know who made up this list, but they are totally WHACK. 
 Although they did think to include Solaris with George Clooney. 

There were definitely more movies on thelist that I have not seen, and only wish to see if I am laid up with, say, a broken pelvis and lots of morphine. For example: 

Robinson Crusoe on Mars


I just can't wrap my mind around this one.  I mean, I can.  I get the premise. I just don't know where they got the spray tan stuff in outerspace.  Doesn't the aerosol can explode under low atmospheric conditions? 

After some blog chatter last week about Daniel Craig, naked, I am going to be lining up to see Cowboys and Aliens.  It's got Harrison Ford in it, too.    It should already be on the list even though it hasn't even been released yet.  Nuff said.
Cowboys & Aliens Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment