Sunday, October 31, 2010

Holy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! 
I'm up and getting at 'em at 7:30 on Sunday morning.  Whatever.  I don't have to be anywhere until church 11:30, but then the day kind of takes off, so I guess if I have any hope of quiet time, this is my chance.  Besides, It usually takes a good four hours worth of coffee to keep me awake in church.  If it was November, I could be writing my NaNo Novel, but I'm holding out.  Although it's November somewhere, New Zealand, right? 

The kids carved the pumpkins last night, without any help from Mom and Dad (Thank you, God, no trips to the ER for stitches!) and I roasted up some pumpkin seeds.  I've got a trip to a corn maze with the girl scouts this afternoon, one kid has a birthday party to go to, and the daughter will be trick-or-treating with her friends.
I have some sewing work I need to get done this week, so hopefully I can fit that in with my NaNo-ing.  It's machine embroidery, so as long as the machine doesn't clog up on me, I can plug my laptop in next to the machine and write and sew at the same time.  I love multitasking!  I guess I'd better budget a few minutes to clear space in my sewing room for my computer.

I need to be disciplined about staying out of my ToBeRead pile for the next thirty days.  I have SO many books that I want to read.  I finally decided to read Outlander,  which I guess every woman in the universe but me has already read.  I am about 3/4 of the way through, which means I only have about 500 more pages to go...surely I can get through that before midnight tonight, between cleaning, parties, sewing, passing out candy, and passing out from eating candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment