Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Must. Find. Ibuprofen.

My 71 year-old mother has decided to run for city council in my hometown.  I'm not going to campaign for her here, she REALLY doesn't need my help.  I'm proud of her, she's always been interested and involved in politics (whatever, insert eye-roll here), and she's got the courage to stand up and say what she believes in.

But really...City Council?  NOW?  This year has been a disaster for my parents; my dad has been in the hospital about a million times this year (and considering there have only been about 200 days so far this year, that's a lot).  He's doing better now, but this is probably going to send him into a permanent coma (maybe that's part of her plan...hmmmmm).  Anyway, maybe this is her way of doing something for herself, a chance to claw her way back into living life instead of keeping a vigil for it. 

Before we could have her declared Totally Nuts for running for office, she decided to take me, The Bearded Wonder, DQ, and The Sam Stanley Experience on a  zipline Adventure yesterday (this was an alternative to skydiving.  Do you see where I am going with this?). 

this is not me.
I think this is all part of her evil plot, not to kill my dad (especially since he didn't go, thank God), but to distract us from her plan to take over the world.  See, if she tells everyone that she went ziplining, noone will think its weird that she's running for public office, because really:  old ladies on a zipline?  How much weirder can you get?  THEN, as she works her way up to state representative and then the US House of Representatives, she can unseat John Boehner (she's from his district). 



I just hope I don't have to wear high heels to the inauguration thingy when she's president.  I look ridiculous trying to walk in those things. 

5 comments:

  1. I love it! The older I get, the younger old age sounds. I bet 71 will sound positively youthful when I'm 60... (here's hoping!)

    (PS - Blogger won't let me log in *grouses* so here's my "NAME/URL" sans picture. *grumble*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sounds to me like your mom knows how to live life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is great, I hope she wins! I've never been on a zipline, but it sure looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds GREAT! How fantastic! And kicking out the weeping guy wouldn't be so bad, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom sounds awesome! I'd say "my kinda woman" but I'm really not that adventurous. But I will say I admire her gumption! Go Mom Go!

    ReplyDelete