Friday, March 29, 2013

Flailing About in the Land of Social Media

In case you've been under a rock for the past twenty four hours, or for some reason, just don't pay much attention to book news, let me tell you:

AMAZON bought GOODREADS.

There is a ton of buzz out there about whether this is a bad thing or a good thing or a combination. To me it seems a little like if McDonalds bought Weight Watchers. Like, in the sense that there might be a conflict of interest.  But you know what?

I am so busy flailing about in the land of social media, flapping my arms around trying to catch something (not sure what) and hoping I don't put out anyone's eye (or accidentally touch anyone's junk), that I just don't have time to worry about it.

Can't do anything about it, anyway.

I'm just not all that good at Goodreads. I'm on there...and when I remember, I add books that I've read and that I've loved.  But really?  I just don't have the time and energy to figure out how to use every single kind of social media there is out there. I'm blogging, and soon to be moving to a REAL WEBSITE.  I bought a domain name yesterday (and I even know that that means!). Check it out . http://teriannestanley.com/

The Bearded Wonder is helping me set it up, so don't expect miracles for a while...like, you know, any actual CONTENT, but at least I've moved beyond the ads that the hosting site had up there.

And TBW put a truly delightful "wait here" link up. Which is delightful to him, but not sure most of the rest of the universe quite gets it. But that's okay!  It's not Horse Pr0n.

Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment