Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ADDICTED to Charlotte Stein

My name is Teri, and I'm addicted to Charlotte Stein stories.

I mean, really. I have my own stuff to write, and a full-time job, and a crap-ton of kids, but all of that gets ignored when I have something of hers to read. So when I was gifted with a review copy of  ADDICTED, I said, "Laundry, wash thyself!  Dogs, walk thyselves! Kids, do whatever it is you do because you ignore me most of the time anyway." 

Charlotte Stein writes erotic romance (*gasp!*). And it's kinky, spanky stuff, stuff that makes you go: O_O! Stuff that makes you look twice at that nerdy guy who just walked out of the office supply closet (but that's a different story). 

ADDICTED did not disappoint.  It's the not-so-classic tale of the Naughty Librarian and the Smoking Hot Penguin Keeper (?!). 

Addicted (Mischief Books)

Here's the blurb:


Kit Connor has always led a safe, cautious life. But when her friend points out that her erotic         writing lacks something, she decides to attend a Sexual Healing group to improve her knowledge.
Kit expects to find the gritty underbelly of sex, and instead finds louche, laidback, sex-loving Dillon Holt.
He makes a suggestion to her: that he will tell tales of his sexual excess, and help her book get the realism it needs. She agrees, but hasn't the least idea of what she's getting into.
Dillon doesn't have simple advice in mind … he has lessons to teach her. Lessons on everything she's never dared to experience, from kink to real passion.
Now Kit is never sure: is Dillon the addict, or is she just addicted to him?

What the blurb doesn't tell you: Kit's a librarian who has a lot of interesting ideas about how she'd like sex to be, but is a little twisted up inside and can't exactly get those ideas out with a real lover...Until old' hunky Dillon comes along, and he makes it his mission to help her loosen up. But then, what about Dillon? Is he really as loosened up as he'd like Kit to think? 

I just love the characters in this story. Kit is so wonderfully insecure--not in an I-want-to-smack-her Woody Allen kind of way, but in an I-totally-get-that kind of way. 

      "And then I see him, out of the corner of my eye. I see Dillon Holt, strolling towards me, in a way that makes me want to glance over my shoulder. You know, just in case there's a sexier, wilder sort of chick behind me, and she's actually the one he's aiming for. 
      This imaginary woman has to be the one he's aiming for.
      Right?"


There are parts that make me get choked up, and by choked up, I mean "about to cry", not "gagging on -you-know-what-since-this-IS-smut-I'm-reading."

    "He's not going to nearly cry because he's being hugged--but I think he understands that I might." 

And there's just the way she says things. Things like,

     "...apparently it's parade day at Fort Dillon's Underwear."

Yeah, I read that line while I was in the car with the family on the way to church. Fortunately, I didn't have a mouthful of coffee.

Okay, that's all I'm going to say, because it's tempting to quote the whole damned book here. That would be a bad thing, probably resulting in piracy complaints and defeating the purpose of convincing you to go buy a copy for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment